Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: SVHS to film

  1. #1
    Inactive Member director666's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm shooting my movie on S-VHS, what can I do to make it look like film? what can premier do to make it look 'film' like? also if i do the slow-motion in post-production, will it look jerky and shite?

    ------------------
    " what did i tell you, what did I say to you?
    I said buy the roadmap and leave...."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member wide awake's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    there is a product called cinelook that i believe you can run over the top of a completed film to give it that deeper movie feel to it usually achived by the way the film is developed , have a look at this link , it contains a complete guide available that may prove invaluable to you..
    http://www.dvmoviemaking.com/

  3. #3
    Inactive Member citizenkane25's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2000
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Dude, just shoot film! But if you must shoot on tape, then shoot on Hi-8 and transfer to Beta SP. Treat your Hi-8 footage like a negative. Also light very amply. Good luck!

    ------------------
    citizenkane25

  4. #4
    Inactive Member director666's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to shoot on film dude, But I simply can't afford it all. film, equipment, processing... it will cost a bomb, and I don't have that kinda money. So I am reduced to shooting with stuff that I know I can afford / get hold of.. SVHS and non-linear editing.

    ------------------
    " what did i tell you, what did I say to you?
    I said buy the roadmap and leave...."

  5. #5
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    if you can shoot it in black and white (or convert it to b/w when you edit).
    and make sure there is a lot of light when you film. Video goes extremely grainy when there isnt much light. A very different grainy than 'film' grainy, and impossible to remove.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •